The following selected resources can be used to provide insight into and support reduction in ageing inequalities, including inequalities experienced by: people from deprived backgrounds; people in coastal and rural areas; people with disabilities; people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender; and people from ethnic minority backgrounds.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT)
- LGBT Information and Advice published by Age UK
- The National LGB&T Partnership - "reducing health inequalities and improving access to health and social care for LGB&T people"
- Older Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Trans Association (OLGA) - a "voluntary group whose main aim is to support the needs of the older lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans community"
- New models of community are needed to give LGBT+ people a good later life (2019) - article published by the Centre for Ageing Better
- Safe to be me. Meeting the needs of older lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people using health and social care services (2017) published by Age UK - a resource pack for professionals.
- Diversity in older age – Older Lesbian, Gay and Bi-sexual people and Older Transgender people (2005) a rapid review published by the Centre for Policy on Ageing
- Sexual orientation, UK: 2017 (2019) published by the Office for National Statistics - experimental Official Statistics by region, sex, age, marital status, ethnicity and socio-economic classification
- Subnational sexual identity estimates, UK: 2013 to 2015 (2017) published by the Office for National Statistics - experimental estimates but only for a limited number of local authorities due to sample sizes