The following selected 'Publications' and 'Websites' can be used to provide insight into unpaid carers' experiences and inform improved support for them:
- Personal Social Services Survey of Adult Carers - results of annual survey published by NHS Digital (may need to right-click, copy & paste link in an alternative browser)
- Projecting Older People Population Information (POPPI) System - includes older age group estimates and projections by amount of unpaid care provided, at national, regional and local authority level. Published by Oxford Brookes University and the Institute of Public Care.
- Carers Trust - a charity that aims to "improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid"
- Older Carers Toolkit published by the Carers Trust
- Carers UK - a "national membership charity for carers, Carers UK is both a support network and a movement for change"
- Carers Partnership in the Health and Wellbeing Alliance - jointly managed by the Department of Health and Social Care, Public Health England and NHS England and is made up of 21 members from the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector
- Carers-related guidance published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Carer Research and Knowledge Exchange Network (CAREN) a "knowledge exchange resource for all those across the globe" including a searchable database of carer-related research and evidence provided by the Open University
- Carers Research Collaborative Network "A place for researchers, carers, service users, third sector organisations, practitioners and policy makers to share and exchange information on the evidence base for carer services, research and policy"
- UK Network for Shared Lives and Homeshare - promoting and supporting 'Shared Lives carers' and 'Homeshare UK'
- Carers week
- Carers Rights Day