Care & support services
The following selected 'Data & analysis', 'Strategies, guidance & reviews' and 'Organisation websites' can inform improvements to care and support services:
Data & analysis
- UK Adult Social Care Statistics - published by the Government Statistical Service - see also the blog accompanying the launch.
- COVID-19: number of outbreaks in care homes – management information - weekly report published by Public Health England
- Deaths involving COVID-19 in the care sector, England and Wales: deaths occurring up to... - with link to the latest report published by the Office for National Statistics
- Social Care data published by NHS Digital (may need to right-click, copy & paste link in an alternative browser)
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service (NASCIS) published by NHS Digital (may need to right-click, copy & paste link in an alternative browser)
- Adult Social Care Workforce Intelligence published by Skills for Care Ltd., commissioned by the Dept. for Health & Social Care, includes data on both state and independent services
- Community Services Dataset - description and statistics published by NHS Digital (may need to right-click, copy & paste link in an alternative browser)
- Area data profiles published by the Care Quality Commission. Regional and local authority data profiles providing a picture of the health and social care system.
- Palliative and End of Life Care Profiles published by Public Health England
- Atlas of variation for palliative and end of life care in England published by Public Health England and NHS RightCare
- Palliative and End of Life Care collection - including further resources published by Public Health England
- Projecting Older People Population Information (POPPI) System - includes age groups over age 65 estimates and projections by living/housing status, support arrangements, health condition and learning disability at national, regional and local authority level. Published by Oxford Brookes University and the Institute of Public Care.
- Projecting Adult Needs & Service Information (PANSI) for ages 18-64 - includes age groups 45-54 and 55-64 estimates and projections by learning disability, physical disability and mental health. Published as above.
- Getting the data to support decisions on adult social care (2020) - blog published by the Office for National Statistics
- Social care 360 (2020) - published by the Kings Fund. A social care 360 review for 2018/19 that outlines and analyses 20 key trends in adult social care in England.
- Report on Adult Social Care Statistics in England (2020) published by the Office for Statistics Regulation
Strategies, guidance & reviews