Local Health is a collection of quality assured health indicators presented for small geographical areas.
- It is primarily aimed at Local Authority Public Health Analysts for assessing "in area" inequalities but it is available for anyone to use
- By presenting data for small areas, Local Health provides evidence of inequalities within local areas. It supports targeted interventions to reduce such inequalities
- Local Health contains indicators related to Population and demographic factors; Wider determinants of health, and Health outcomes
- It presents data for middle super output areas (MSOA), electoral wards, local authorities, and England as a whole
- This profile is designed for you to compare a small area to a larger one, for one time point, this is not designed for time trend analysis
Geographical Information System (GIS) Version of Local Health
This fingertips profile uses data from Local Health, an existing Office for Health Improvements and Disparities (OHID Geographical Information System (GIS) data tool.
The Local Health GIS tool version includes additional GIS features and functionality to create reports and bespoke area geographies.
Please send feedback on Local Health to the Population Health Analysis team at The Office for Health Improvement and Disparities using this email link PHA-OHID@dhsc.gov.uk