Key national & international sources
The following selected publications and organisation websites below provide an overview of issues relevant to productive healthy ageing:
Selected organisation websites
- Healthy Ageing Knowledge Hub facilitated by Public Health England - a new group for those interested in healthy ageing to share knowledge and keep up-to-date with latest news, events and resources (step1: register with KHub, step2: search Groups for 'Healthy Ageing', step3: apply to join group)
- Office for National Statistics - 'Ageing' - links to data and publications including population estimates and the 'Living Longer' series
- Projecting Older People Population Information (POPPI) System - population estimates and projections at national, regional and local authority level for age groups over age 65 and by gender, ethnic group, living/housing status, support arrangement, health condition and learning disability. Published by Oxford Brookes University and the Institute of Public Care.
- Projecting Adult Needs & Service Information (PANSI) - population estimates and projections at national, regional and local authority level for ages 18-64, including age groups 45-54 & 55-64, and by gender, ethnic group, learning disability, physical disability and mental health condition. Published as above.
- Centre for Ageing Better - an independent charitable foundation funded by an endowment from the National Lottery Community Fund. Part of the network of 'What Works' organisations that promote the better use of evidence. Links to a wide range of resources.
- Age UK - "The country's largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. We provide companionship, advice and support for older people who need it most." Links to a wide range of resources.
- Independent Age - a charity founded over 150 years ago. Offers "regular friendly contact... a strong campaigning voice… and impartial advice"
- Age Action Alliance - brings together "older people and cross sector organisations to work together to celebrate the opportunities and address the challenges of our ageing demographics"
- Local Government Association - Ageing society - links to a wide range of resources
- NHS England - Older People - how the NHS is improving care and supporting older people to look after their own health (may need to right-click, copy & paste link in Internet Explorer)
- British Medical Association - Healthy Ageing - links to a range of resources.
- National Institue for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) - Older People - links to all NICE products on older people. Includes any guidance, advice, NICE Pathways and quality standards
- Centres for Ageing Research - maintained by Age UK. Links to university and other research centres, consortia, councils, and funding programmes that focus on ageing issues.
- Centre for Policy on Ageing (Nuffield Foundation)
- International Longevity Centre (ILC) - UK
- Biobank - a longitudinal study
- All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Longevity
- All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Ageing and Older People
- Govt. Office for Science: Future of Ageing
- Design Council - Transform Ageing
- World Health Organization - Ageing and Life Course - including the 'Decade of Healthy Ageing (2020-2030)' initiative
- World Health Organization - Regional Office for Europe - Healthy Ageing
- EuroHealthNet - Healthy Ageing
- European Commission - European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing
- Cochrane Global Ageing